Today as I read about the recent deadly high rise apartment building fire in Shanghai, the post I had written in my previous blog Dorm No. 6 about a poorly built Shanghai skyscraper that toppled to the ground came to mind. I looked back at my long ago retired blog to review my post and discovered that exactly one year ago today I wrote my last Dorm No. 6 post. I was immediately motivated to blog again, but as I am no longer a study abroad student in Harbin, China, living in Dorm No. 6, a new blog was in store - hence the creation of apropos of irrelevance.
You may ask, why the name apropos of irrelevance? The name of a blog is arguably its most important feature, but I have chosen the vaguest of names, giving readers no direction or expectations whatsoever. I must admit this is partly because I have not yet fully developed the scope of this blog, and I wanted to make a post on the anniversary of my final Dorm No. 6 entry. However, at the same time, I have consciously picked this name so as to avoid limiting the subject matter about which I may impulsively post. Nothing is irrelevant!
So stay tuned as I discover the path this blog will take. With any luck, November 15, 2011, won't be the anniversary of this blog's final post as well.
You should post about your thesis. There are some interesting ideas in there that people will appreciate hearing about.
ReplyDelete